JOIN THE AZA & BBG TEAM: CATALYZING BBYO CANADA GROWTH
I'M INTERESTED. TELL ME MORE.
The AZA & BBG Canadian Growth Specialist will focus on strengthening program excellence and relationship driven recruitment strategies to foster communities where engaged and prospective teens seek out BBYO and are transitioned into membership. In partnership with BBYO Canada's staff team and teen leadership, this role will offer trainings and consultations to introduce customized tools and resources to elevate AZA and BBG's fraternity and sorority experience across the country. Stewardship of the Canadian National Cabinet and Co-Leadership of the Canadian National Summit roll up to the Canadian Growth Specialist as platforms to energize and build vision with core teens and staff. This role is a collaboration between the AZA & BBG Movement and Community Impact Teams.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I'M RIGHT FOR THE JOB?
If the snapshot above excites you and the priorities below match your skillset, or skills that you'd like to develop - you're probably a great candidate. We're looking for self-starters with experience in the Jewish community, education/training, and a love of producing high-quality experiences. Experience with BBYO is a leg up, but not a barrier to success. If you're a quick learner and are up for a year of mentoring, consulting, and problem solving, be sure to reach out.
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING?
We're so glad you asked. Here are some of the priorities that you'll be tackling:
- Support the strengthening of program excellence at the regional and chapter level across BBYO Canada through training sessions (remote and in person) and introduction of AZA & BBG Program Excellence tools and resources.
- Support the sophistication of MRIHA - BBYO's relationship driven recruitment model - across communities to drive teens through the engagement pipeline into membership via training sessions (remote and in person) and consultations.
- Support recruitment of Alephs and BBGs from all four BBYO Canada regions to attend Summer Experiences in 2019 via parent, staff and teen information sessions and programs, coupled with individual engagement.
- Steward the Canadian National Cabinet of the International Leadership Network through regular communication and project management with the Canadian teen leadership, full Cabinet membership and Canadian staff team.
- Support the 8 Canadian Regional Presidents and manage Cabinet Co-chairs through ongoing check-ins and mentorship.
- Co-Lead the Canadian National Summit (CNS) at BBYO International Convention 2019 in Denver, Colorado.
- Responsible for program content, summit registration, teen leader stewardship and tasks as needed to ensure CNS success.
- Coordinate with Canadian regions to build a Canadian delegation of 120+ Alephs and BBGs at IC 2019.
- Partner with IC Leadership Team to produce and distribute targeted messaging and invitations in advance of IC Registration.
- Support the AZA & BBG Team on-site throughout convention.
- Support the integration of AZA & BBG rituals and traditions to help build a deeper and stronger sense of brotherhood and sisterhood across chapters and between regions through training of all stakeholders with ongoing maintenance.
- Focus on strengthening capacity of current and aspiring teen officers via skills based training opportunities.
- Plan and facilitate consultation and training sessions (remote and in person) with BBYO Canada communities to strengthen understanding of Movement/Chapter Initiatives and their ability to execute 'WOW' experiences.
- Partner to leverage community grants to build quality, widespread engagement and brand boosting Fall Fest experiences
- Execute multi-day community visits when appropriate (based on calendar and finances) for strategic training and consultation.
- Eastern Canada (Montréal) 2 – 3 times; Lake Ontario (Toronto, Ottawa) 1 – 2 times; Northwest Canada (Edmonton, Calgary) 1 – 2 times, Red River (Winnipeg) 2 – 3 times, Vancouver 3 – 4 times.
Be in touch. We'd love to chat and learn more. Email Morgan Wittenberg to schedule a pow wow.